Ultibron™ Copper Nickel Alloy
High Strength Bronze
Ultibron™ NB by Smiths Metal Centres Ltd - our own brand of extra high strength copper nickel alloy which also offers outstanding corrosion resistance.
Ultibron™ NB, also often referred to as a nickel bronze, benefits from the addition of aluminium, manganese and iron to give the alloy a microstructure with an exceptional suite of material characteristics. This high performance alloy boasts a mechanical strength exceeding that of nickel aluminium bronze and this is achieved in the 'as supplied' condition to the benefit of the user. The overall property combination makes the material highly suitable for use in a diverse range of extreme environments, particularly in the marine, offshore oil and gas and aerospace markets.
- Very high mechanical properties
- High wear resistance
- Outstanding corrosion resistance in marine applications
- No loss of impact strength down to minus 196°C
- Hydrogen embrittlement resistance
- Outstanding anti-galling properties
- Good thermal and electrical conductivity
- Very low magnetic permeability
- Excellent biofouling resistance
Our knowledgeable staff and resident metallurgists will be pleased to assist you further on any technical topic. Smiths Metal Centres Limited also boasts an in-house UKAS Accredited Testing Laboratory
which is unique within the multi-metal and plastic stockholding sector. We believe this underlines our total commitment to quality and our ethos of being the complete service provider.
- Oil & Gas, Marine and Naval applications
- Production of high integrity components
- Machined items
- Above sea and subsea components
- Critical marine fasteners
We offer Ultibron™ Copper Nickel Alloy in round bar. Our processing department within the Smith's Group utilises thirty power saws including fully automated magazine feed CNC rod blanking lines. We can economically cut your material regardless of the volume required.
Pick a Product
To find out more about Smiths Metal Centres extensive range of high quality copper nickel alloys, click on one of our products on the side menu of this web page.